Make a green choice
Sheraton Rhodes Resort is committed to actively participating in the continuous improvement and protection of the environment for our guests, colleagues and the community.
Energy Efficiency, Conservation and Management
- Lighting, computers, and equipment in all areas are turned off when not in use
- High efficiency lighting in all guestrooms, lobby & reception
- Energy master switch in all guestrooms
Water Conservation and Management of Freshwater Resources
- Make a Green Choice- Guests have the option to reuse linens or decline housekeeping service to assist our water conservation efforts
- Toilets and faucets taps are low flow
Environmentally Sensitive Purchasing
- The company avoids the purchase of any paint that contains heavy metals or toxic organic substances.
- The Bliss soaps are 100% biodegradable and the packaging is recyclable
- All other Sheraton packaged plastic items in the Food & Beverage, Housekeeping department and general amenities are 100% recycled material
- The company only utilizes insecticides, fertilizers, and biocides allowed by a recognized Organic Program, Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI), or its local/regional equivalent for use in a garden or landscaping
- Respecting and implementing the Starwood ethics code
- Sustaining local associations
- Taking part in a partnership between Starwood and Unicef, promoting the Checkout for Children program, giving guest the opportunity to donate 1 euro to Unicef at check out
Banquets and Meetings - link
- Local food products are offered
- Paperless sales tools such as electronic menus, proposals and bills are used to cut down on paper usage
- Newspapers are provided complimentary in the lobby, reducing the impact when delivered to every guestroom.
- LCD energy efficient digital meeting signage
- Sustainable green meeting options and "Clutter Free Meetings"