Sustainability Programs & Initiatives
Sheraton Rhodes Resort is committed to actively participating in the continuous improvement and protection of the environment for our guests, colleagues and the community.
Energy Efficiency, Conservation and Management
- Lighting, computers, and equipment in all areas are turned off when not in use
- High efficiency lighting in all guestrooms, lobby & reception
- Energy master switch in all guestrooms
Water Conservation and Management of Freshwater Resources
- Make a Green Choice- Guests have the option to reuse linens or decline housekeeping service to assist our water conservation efforts
- Toilets and faucets taps are low flow
Environmentally Sensitive Purchasing
- The company avoids the purchase of any paint that contains heavy metals or toxic organic substances.
- The Bliss soaps are 100% biodegradable and the packaging is recyclable
- All other Sheraton packaged plastic items in the Food & Beverage, Housekeeping department and general amenities are 100% recycled material
- The company only utilizes insecticides, fertilizers, and biocides allowed by a recognized Organic Program, Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI), or its local/regional equivalent for use in a garden or landscaping
Banquets and Meetings - link
- Local food products are offered
- Paperless sales tools such as electronic menus, proposals and bills are used to cut down on paper usage
- Newspapers are provided complimentary in the lobby, reducing the impact when delivered to every guestroom.
- LCD energy efficient digital meeting signage
- Sustainable green meeting options and "Clutter Free Meetings"
- Respecting and implementing the Starwood ethics code
- Sustaining local associations
- Taking part in a partnership between Starwood and Unicef, promoting the Checkout for Children program, giving guest the opportunity to donate 1 euro to Unicef at check out and organizing fund raising events through the Road 2 Awareness project.
Green Key Eco Label
Sheraton Rhodes Resort has been awarded the Green Key Eco Label for 2015.
The "Green Key" is an international program of quality, which serves as an incentive for any small or large unit, active in the tourism industy, to turn into a "green" unit.
It addresses Hotels, Hostels, Holiday Resorts, Conference Centres, Camping Sites and Restaurants.
The continuous increase of the number of environmental aware consumers, creates the crucial need for qualitative, environmentally-friendly products and services.
The implementation of the "Green Key" program, which is increasingly embraced by more and more countries, contributes greatly in the notable promotion of environmental awareness in our country and leads to the reinforcement of the environmental profile of Greece.
The award is offered every year to those tourism business that fulfill the criteria of the program. During this period, the National Operator in Greece (Hellenic Society for the Protection of Nature), and/or a representative from the International Coordinating Organization (Foundation for the Environmental Education - FEE) carries out control visits, to ascertain in practice the fulfillment of the criteria.
The criteria screen the sectors which deal with energy consumption, water consumption, waste management, use of environmentally friendly toiletries and products for washing and cleaning, the quality of food and drinks, the transformation of free spaces into "green" ones, and moreover, with the Environmental Education.
For more information on the "Green Key" program, click here.
For more information on the Hellenic Society for the Protection of Nature, click here.